Monday, April 12, 2010

The School Garden

I just wanted to give everyone a quick update about the garden. We've been told that we are receiving a grant from Metro Grocery Stores, but I'm waiting to hear if we spend that money first and they give us a cheque or are we to wait on the money? I've sent a few emails and am yet to receive a reply, grrr! I think that I'm going to start spending money on tools and just hope that the cash comes through.

The grade 1/2 class is going to start germinating the seeds that I picked up at Seedy Sunday. It looks like we'll have about four plots going: one grade 5/6 class, the 1/2 class, the eco-clubs, and the day care. GO TEAM!!!

We will be having our design consultation next week, so I'll have to gather up the plans and make it look nice for the design consultants. It's really great that all of this is coming together so nicely right now. I'm going to try and twist the Home School teacher to get a plot for her class too.

I know that some people have spoken with me and others about donating plants to the garden. I think that is totally awesome, but I need people to hold off on plant donations until everything is finalized. As well, we are going to try and keep this garden for native plants and food. We will also do companion planting so there will be a need for some flowers, but lets wait and make sure everything is okay before we get our hands dirty.

I hope that everyone else is as excited about this as I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment