Monday, April 19, 2010

Design Consultation

Tomorrow is going to be the big day. Will the garden get approved or not? I'm not sure why we have to get the garden approved again, but it seems like somewhere in the plans the idea got left out, even though a work crew was sent here last summer to clear out all the vegetation that was growing in the bed. At any rate I will make a drawing or model of how the garden will look and talk about our plan for watering it.
After the approval process it will be time to get working. This week I'll be working with the grade 1/2 class to start our seedlings. I'll also start spending some of this money that is yet to come from the Green Apple Grants.
I hear that it's going to be a hot summer, so the sooner we can get started on this the better. Watering the garden this summer will be a big job. I know that there are a few parents in the community who are on board, but the more the merrier. I'll be able to do some watering too and maybe I can get one or two other teachers to help out with that over the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment