Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Green Living Show

This weekend is the Green Living Show at Exhibition Place. I was planning on skipping this year's show because I didn't feel like it was worth the cost of admission, even with all the freebies from the vendors. But this year if you bring a electronic for recycling you'll get in for free. I can finally do something with my old busted up cell phone, I knew that I should hang on to it for something. If you don't have an electronic for recycling admission is $12.oo for adults, students (13-17) $9.oo, and children under 12 are free.

Now if you're like me and you like organic wines you may want to check out the biovino. A 4 hour wine tasting and seminar. If you buy your tickets online they are $39.95, if you buy them at the door it's an extra 5 bucks. But this ticket price includes your admission. Maybe I should just hang on to that ol' cell phone of mine for another time. I don't see my favourite vegan organic wine, Frogpond Farm, on the list but I'm sure they will have some sort of representation there because they are Ontario's only certified organic winery. I've noticed that a few LCBOs are now carrying cab' franc in the vintages section.

Enough with the booze. I was checking out the website for the Green Living Show and found some cool links that might interest you. The first is the farmers market shopping list give a decent run down of what you may find at farmers markets and when. The second one I found is for all you iphone and ipod touch junkies out there, 5 apps to keep you green.

That's all for now, I've got to get ready for the garden approval meeting today. Cross your fingers!

No comments:

Post a Comment